As a prelude to International Women's Day, I’d like to offer you some sage advice to all the phenomenal women out there. So much is expected of us. For those of us with families, we are the nurturers, the healers, the nutritionists, the logistic coordinators, the nurses and doctors of our family. For those of us without families, we still have one bag ah tings doing.
To continue to be the phenomenal women we are, there are a few things we need to take care of. It may sound selfish but we need to care for us first. Even the airlines tell us this every time we fly when they instruct that we put on our own masks before helping others (including our children).
So I decided to share with you my five top self-care tips (By the way these tips are also good for the phenomenal men out there)
1) Schedule weekly self care time and protect it. This could be a massage, facial, quiet time alone with a book or your journal. Also plan to get adequate sleep. You cannot continue to be phenomenal if you are pooped!
2) Schedule your exercise time and commit to it. We need strength, cardio and flexibility. Phenomenal women are physically and mentally strong and flexible. We need to be prepared for the demands of our amazing lives.
3) Plan and prepare foods that support and nourish you. You are a temple, you phenomenal woman!!! Why throw garbage in??? Feed yourself only the best fuel your body needs to perform now and in the future. Fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, protein and natural carbohydrates. Get rid of the processed junk as it only slows you down and makes you feel icky.
4) Nourish your mind with a steady diet of the best positive uplifting material you can find. Read inspiring books by inspired successful people. Listen to audio books that lift your soul and your awareness. There is a ton of motivational stuff on YouTube, there are podcasts. Find those which resonate with you, inspire and motivate you to be better, and listen daily.
5) Surround yourself with positive people who have a positive impact on your life. Interact with people who are uplifting, supportive, encouraging, we need to leave the competitive plane behind and realize the importance of creating and collaborating. We can accomplish so much more that way. We don’t have time to waste on negative nellies, complainers, or the haters.
My suggestion if you have them in your life - Bless and Release.